Not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants, but for those who are, the many advantages, in terms of comfort and lifestyle are compelling. Implants are perfect for patients missing one or more teeth who would like to eat, speak and smile, with confidence and ease. For a variety of reasons, dental implants provide a more natural and healthier alternative to bridges and dentures.
A dental implant restoration consists of an artificial bio-compatible tooth root made of titanium being placed into your jawbone. Later, a hand-made porcelain dental crown will be fitted on top of the implant, providing the look and function of a natural healthy tooth.
Why should I invest in a dental implant instead of dentures or a bridge?
- Dental implants feel and look like your natural teeth, so it’s like you never lost a tooth.
- Dental implants act like a natural tooth root, maintaining and preserving the bone structure of your face. This prevents the sunken facial appearance often associated with missing teeth.
- Unlike bridges, dental implants do not rely on the adjacent teeth for support. This allows the neighboring teeth to remain healthy and intact.
- Chewing ability with dentures, bridges and partials is not the same as with your natural teeth. Dental implants allow you to eat nuts, fruits and vegetables, again, without irritation or pain.
- Like natural teeth, dental implants require the same oral care, including flossing and brushing, in addition to regular check-ups and professional cleanings.
- Unlike dentures, there are no gooey, unpleasant adhesives.
- There are no unsightly hooks or clasps that place damaging pressure on remaining natural teeth, often associated with bridges.
Losing one or more teeth is never a pleasant situation. For many people, it can be a blow to their personal confidence. If your smile has gaps in it from missing teeth, it can be much more difficult to feel confident. Now there’s a way to reclaim your smile through the use of dental implants.
With offices conveniently located, in Dayton, Ohio, Siebenthaler Dental provides best-in-class dental care throughout the entire Dayton metro area. We invite you to contact us, today, to schedule your dental appointment.